The latest mobile phones that are available today have many intelligent apps. At the Google play store, there are plenty of photo editing apps that are available. Some are paid apps and others are completely free to use. Among those apps, the two most useful mobile apps that many of the social media or Instagram users often use are the Adobe Lightroom mobile app and the Snapseed app. Editing photographs is a major element of photography. Many tutorials are available to assist in editing the pictures. Lightroom vs Snapseed is one among such editing apps.
lets discuss about Lightroom vs Snapseed Which One is Better:
Snapseed is a photo editing app that can be used on your mobile phones. Snapseed is an amazing app for beginners as well as professional users. The Lightroom is a perfect app for dark and colored shades. To answer the question, which is the best photo editing app that is available for android mobile phone users, currently, the Lightroom mobile app is better compared to the Snapseed app. The Lightroom mobile app is more precise and has amazing features as well. It offers many great tools for editing. It has both free and premium tools. Lightroom app has more than 100 million downloads.
Snapseed Vs Lightroom
The snapseed app has been owned by Google. But it is not developed by them as the app was not updated by Google. On the other hand, Lightroom mobile app has got several software updates and it is a strongly built app that is based on subscription. There are certain advanced pro features like perspective correction, healing, selective adjustments which are restricted to the users in general. Both of these editing tools have a completely different interface. The tools in the snapseed are present at the tools section and the styles tab has certain go styles. At the top, there are options for undoing and redoing. In the lightroom, the tools are present at the bottom. The image information, share, delete, help, ratings and certain other options are also available at the top.
Different styles in Snapseed & Lightroom:
Snapseed has 11 styles and more than 25 tools whereas Lightroom has around 15 tools, but each of the tools in the Lightroom has certain sub tools. Some of the filters that are included in Snapseed are morning, smooth, fine art, bright, etc. Lightroom has profiles and presets. It has around 45 filters and nearly 40-45 presets, they come as free and are categorized as black and white, favorites, vintage, modern, etc. Both Snapseed and Lightroom have auto-tuning features. Snapseed has the image tuning and white balance for the picture. Where Lightroom has one single button for auto-tuning the image.
The crop options of Snapseed are crop, expand, rotate, and perspective option. Lightroom has straightened, flip horizontal and vertical, rotate in one tool tab. Both the apps have tutorials to assist and guide the user with photo editing. The tools are explained and it allows you to apply the filters and make changes to your photos. In Lightroom, the latest editions of tutorials are being published. The edits are displayed on the tutorial and the user can make use of a similar method for editing. In both the apps, there are export features that support the same resolution photos. The location of the picture captured, date, camera information is saved in Snapseed. In Lightroom, the camera information, date, adding the tags for the photo is possible. The photo location is not saved but it can export the photos in jpg format.
Also Check out : How to increase the image quality of the photos in Snapseed?
Now let us look into the efficiency of Adobe Lightroom vs Google Snapseed.
- Lightroom supports RAW editing of photographs. The Subscribed users can even edit RAW Photos from DSLR and even from the mirrorless cameras and they can apply the lens corrections wherever necessary.
- Certain essential tools for RAW editing of the images like sharpening and noise reduction are available on Lightroom. The snapseed does not possess these features.
- There are also other tools like texture, clarity, Dehaze that are not available on the snap seed.
- Lightroom has built-in camera apps like the HDR mode and Free Pro Mode.
- Lightroom has optics support like the Chromatic Aberration Correction and Lens profile correction.
- The photos synchronizing feature is also available in Lightroom. If you are a subscribed user, the photos can be synchronized to the cloud and it can be edited and used from your desktop or mobile.
- Adobe Lightroom offers entire basic editing features for even those users who are not subscribed to it, but Snapseed does not provide the option to adjust whites and blacks in the photo.
- Lightroom mobile app has profiles & presets
- Lightroom has better selective editing options like radial tools, gradient, and even the brushes are useful.
Since both the apps have their unique features and tools, Snapseed is powerful concerning brushing, editing, adding frames, editing RAW images. Lightroom can be used for more quick editing of the picture and sharing the photos. Hope this article has provided valuable information about both the photo editing apps.