Night Mode on Windows 10: Be it working late at night or early in the morning, it becomes tough for the people to keep staring at their computer screens in darkness. However, you don’t have to worry about it anymore because Windows 10 got night mode option now. With this night mode the color, temperature and brightness of your screen is maintained at an optimum level providing you great comfort to the eyes.
This dark mode not only gives your eyes a calming feeling, it also helps with preserving the battery life of your device too. Yes, now you can save the battery and give your eyes better feel by enabling the night mode on your Windows 10. So, how to do it? Most of the people out there aren’t even aware of this technology so we thought of explaining you how to do it so that you guys can make most out of it. Keep reading the article to know how to enable the Night Mode on your Windows 10.
Benefits of Dark Mode
Now, there are multiple benefits of this dark mode feature.
Staring at the screens for long time will surely strain your eyes and can cause some issues to it. The best way to reduce this eye strain is with the help of the night mode feature. The white text on dark background will reduce the strain on your eyes and will ease your visibility feature. The dry and painful staring at screens is an issue that needs to be addressed and solved. The best way to do that is with the help of dark mode feature that is present on Windows 10. No matter at what time you are up and working, this feature will surely protect your eyes all the time.
Battery of your laptop is quite important and it is not something that you can compromise on. Laptop consumes good amount of battery power when you are using it in the normal mode to display the white background and dark text on it. But when you enable the dark mode, this battery consumption will be reduced.
Dark Mode is Beautiful
May be it is because we have been using the light mode for a long time now, we all are getting bored of our laptop or computer’s interface and this new dark mode has given it a different look. The laptop screen is no more boring. Dark mode makes color reproduction beautiful and you can enjoy using the night mode on Windows 10.
These are some of the best benefits that you will find with night mode on your computer.
Enable Night Mode on Windows 10
- Now, go to the Windows 10 settings tab. You can search for it in Windows search bar or click on the gear icon in start menu.
- Now go to the personalization feature, it will have a computer screen and paint brush icon on it.
- As you click on it a new window will open, select the Colors option present on left hand side bar.
- Now keep scrolling until you find a section that says Choose your default Windows mode.
- Now click on the option that says Choose your color.
- Click the box that says “Dark.”
- If you want you can select an accent color now as it will help you in finding the boundaries and locate everything with ease.
- Do not pick the dark colors as accent colors, go with the light ones as it will be easier for you to recognize the things.
The dark or night mode is now enabled on your device and it will surely become easy for you to use your Windows 10 now. Another important thing that you have to know here is that this dark mode won’t work with the File Explorer. You will still find a white background there and Microsoft is yet to provide an update for that. Almost all the apps support this dark mode feature but you may face issues with some of them.